The work of Harvest Project depends on the generous volunteer efforts of individuals from across the North Shore. Bring your hands, heart and creative skills to your volunteering. Your contribution will change the lives of those visiting Harvest Project seeking a hand up. NOTE: Through the COVID crisis, available volunteering opportunities are changing. For safety reasons, we’re not recruiting new volunteers at this time, but we are continuing to monitor this challenging situation, and we are hopeful that we may be able to start welcoming new volunteers again soon. An exception is our Clothes For Change program for which we’re inviting applications to support clients in our depot while observing COVID restrictions. Please complete and forward the form below and we’ll keep you posted.
- Clothes For Change Thrift Store Associate – Sort incoming items, help with merchandising, assist clients and retail customers.
- Reception/Triage – Welcome visitors and clients. Coordinate appointments.
- Kitchen Assistant – Help prepare lunches for volunteers on site.
- Grocery Depot/Drivers – Assist clients with their food hampers, restock shelves, deliver and pick up donations.
- Fundraising – Speak with business and community leaders to describe the needs and impact of our programs
- Special Event Volunteers (Short Term): A group from your organization can volunteer as a team to represent Harvest Project at a community event or inside Harvest Project. Grow your team-spirit while you give back to your community.
We ask that most volunteers commit to a weekly four-hour shift for a minimum of three months (exceptions can be made.) Also, we welcome groups or teams from organizations for single-occasion volunteering.