The work of Harvest Project depends on the generous volunteer efforts of individuals from across the North Shore. Bring your hands, heart and creative skills to your volunteering. Your contribution will change the lives of those visiting Harvest Project seeking a hand up. NOTE: Through the COVID crisis, available volunteering opportunities are changing. For safety reasons, recruitment for many of our regular volunteer roles remains on hold but we are continuing to monitor this challenging situation, and are cautiously planning for our gradual re-opening. To assist in these efforts we are inviting applications to support clients in our Grocery depot while observing COVID restrictions.
We are Currently Recruiting for:
- COVID Grocery Depot Volunteers- Assist clients with their food hampers, restock shelves.
- COVID Warehouse Volunteers- Receive, sort and store donated goods.
Below is a complete list of volunteer roles at Harvest Project. Please note that we receive many more requests to participate in the amazing volunteer experience at Harvest Project than we are able to accommodate. If you are interested in one of these volunteer roles, please complete the form in the link below. All inquiries will be added to our database, and qualified applicants may be contacted to begin screening prior to new opportunities becoming available.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Reception/Triage – Welcome visitors and clients. Receive and direct telephone calls and emails.
- Admin/ Data Entry– Review and enter program data and information into data base.
- IT Support- Provide IT and systems support and guidance.
- Client Care Partner– Meet one-on-one with clients to provide support, information, referrals and to assist with goal setting.
- Kitchen Assistant – Help prepare lunches for volunteers on site.
- Grocery Depot- Assist clients with their food hampers, restock shelves.
- Driver– Deliver food hampers and pick up donations.
- Fundraising – Speak with business and community leaders to describe the needs and impact of our programs.
- Warehouse- Receive, sort and store donated goods.
- Special Event Volunteers (Short Term): A group from your organization can volunteer as a team to represent Harvest Project at a community event or inside Harvest Project. Grow your team-spirit while you give back to your community.
We ask that most volunteers commit to a weekly four-hour shift for a minimum of three months (exceptions can be made). Also, we welcome groups or teams from organizations for single-occasion volunteering.
To Submit Your Volunteer Inquiry please complete this online form. Please note, personal information is collected and used for the purpose of administering the Harvest Project volunteer program. Harvest Project is committed to protecting the personal information it collects and adheres to legislated privacy requirements defined by the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). The completion of this Volunteer Inquiry form indicates informed consent to receiving email messages. If you wish to stop receiving e-mail messages, please inform the Volunteer Manager and/or click the unsubscribe link on our newsletter. For questions regarding the collection of Personal Information and receipt of electronic messages please contact: Wendy Hiebert, Privacy Officer at: WendyH@HarvestProject.org.