We welcome first time visitors to Harvest Project with a warm introduction to a Client Care team member. We invite you to share your story with us and then hear about how Harvest Project’s offer to extend a ‘hand-up’ may help you. You may choose to engage with the Client Care (Core) Program with its staff and trained volunteers, along with grocery and clothing supports. Please contact us first by phone or email to arrange an appointment.
Any resident may apply for support through our Rent Bank as well.
Or, you may choose to get groceries through the Emergency Food Program. First-time visitors need to bring a piece of picture ID plus a piece of mail that shows their North Shore address.
This program is for those who are experiencing difficult life-circumstances but hope to take steps forward to improve their situations. We meet with individuals on an appointment basis to develop a coaching relationship – helping each client set goals. We also provide monthly grocery support and seasonal clothing supports, along with our rent bank (upon approval), and referrals to other specialized community resources.
The Client Care Program empowers participants to take steps towards healthier, more self-sufficient lives. This is an appointment-based program.
Every month or two, as a client, you will meet with one of our Client Care Partners to set small, specific, measurable goals that will help you move towards your longer-term goals. We hold clients accountable for their goals, offer encouragement, and we’ll connect you with additional resources in the community.
- Help with goal-setting and planning – Dare to dream! We’ll help you plan to get there
- Introductions to government and community programs, services and groups – There may be more out there than you know
- Physical Support – Clients who actively participate in this program will be eligible for grocery support (once per month) and access to our Clothes For Change boutique (once every three months) and our rent bank (upon approval)
- Financial Coaching – Take control of your finances and learn strategies to manage on low or fixed incomes
- Help with landing a job – Referrals to other local agencies who can help you with your job search
- Emotional Support – Through one-to-one client coaching, referrals to recovery programs and small groups
- Spiritual Support – We hope to demonstrate love, ease burdens, help rebuild lives and offer dignity to all who we meet
* Core Clients are asked to sign an accountability agreement with Harvest Project that defines the client’s responsibilities and expected behaviour and our commitment to the client as well. Clients must be North Shore residents (our service area is Deep Cove to Horseshoe Bay) and provide photo ID for each dependent.
Note that Harvest Project collects personal information for the purpose of assisting our clients and developing our programs. Only authorized Harvest Project personnel will have access to your personal information and your information will not be disclosed to outside sources without your express consent (except in cases where Harvest Project is legally and morally obligated to disclose information).