We welcome first time visitors to Harvest Project with a warm introduction to a Client Care team member. We invite each one to share their story with us and then hear about how Harvest Project’s offer to extend a ‘hand-up’ may help them. The visitor may look to engage with our Client Care (Core) Program with its staff and volunteers, and may apply for support through our Rent Bank, or continue as a drop-in Emergency Needs client. First-time visitors need to bring a piece of picture ID plus a piece of mail that shows their North Shore address. (During the COVID-crisis, our building is not open, so please contact us by phone or email.)
Find out more information about our Rent Bank here and please contact us at 604-983-9488 to speak with our Financial Case Worker.
This program is for clients who are experiencing difficult life-circumstances but hope to take steps forward to improve their situations. We meet with individuals on an appointment basis to develop a coaching relationship – helping the client set goals, providing monthly grocery support and seasonal clothing supports, along with our rent bank (upon approval), and providing referrals to other specialized community resources.
The Client Care Program is for clients who desire to take steps towards healthier, more self-sufficient lives. This is an appointment-based program.
Every month or two, as a client, you will meet with one of our Client Care Partners to set small, specific, measurable goals that will help you move towards the long-term goal of self-sufficiency. We hold clients accountable for their goals, offer encouragement and connect you with resources in the community.
- Emotional Support – Through one-to-one client coaching, referrals to recovery programs and small groups
- Spiritual Support – We hope to demonstrate love, ease burdens, help rebuild lives and offer dignity to all who we meet
- Physical Support – Clients who actively participate in this program will be eligible for grocery support (once per month) and access to our Clothes For Change boutique (once every three months) and our rent bank (upon approval)
- Help with goal-setting and planning – Dare to dream! We’ll help you plan to get there
- Introductions to government and community programs, services and groups – There may be more out there than you know
- Financial Coaching – Take control of your finances and learn strategies to manage on low or fixed incomes
- Help with landing the job – Referrals to other local agencies who can help you with your job search
* Core Clients are asked to sign an accountability agreement with Harvest Project – defining the client’s responsibilities and expected behaviour and our commitment to the client. Clients must be North Shore residents (our service area is Deep Cove to Horseshoe Bay) and provide photo ID for each dependent.
Note that Harvest Project collects personal information for the purpose of assisting our clients and developing our programs. Only authorized Harvest Project personnel will have access to your personal information and your information will not be disclosed to outside sources without your express consent (except in cases where Harvest Project is legally and morally obligated to disclose information).