The North Shore Rent Bank is a community service offered by Harvest Project. It’s available for eligible North Shore residents as well as existing Harvest Project clients. Through our Rent Bank we offer no-interest loans to those who are at risk of eviction or essential utility disconnection due to a temporary shortage of funds. Also, our Rent Bank can provide first month’s rent and security deposits if current housing is deemed unsafe or if it becomes necessary to move to different housing for other reasons.
Maximum loan amount for an individual is $2500, and for a family, $3500. Applicants must meet minimal loan-qualification and repayment requirements.
- 19 years of age or older
- North Shore resident
- Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, Permanent Resident, Refugee Claimant or a Temporary Foreign Worker
- Income level does not exceed BC Housing’s housing affordability limits
- Must have income sufficient to pay back the loan as well as cover other living expenses
- Does not have excessive outstanding debts or undischarged bankruptcies
- Demonstrate a temporary financial need or crisis
- 2 pieces of ID (at least one with photo)
- 3 months (90 days) of most recent banking statements
- Proof of tenancy (i.e. Rental/Tenancy/Lease agreement; Eviction Notice) with rent receipts and confirmation of amount owing
- Proof of income
- Utility notice of disconnection or bills showing arrears (if applicable)
LINK TO RENT BANK ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
This rent bank is supported by BC Rent Bank, a project of Vancity Community Foundation funded by the Province of BC and private donors. BC Rent Bank has a three-year mandate to create the infrastructure necessary to support a province-wide rent bank system. BC Rent Bank and Harvest Project collect, use and disclose your personal information for assessment and administration purposes in accordance with the BC Rent Bank Privacy Statement.