The North Shore Rent Bank is a community service offered by Harvest Project. It’s available for any eligible North Shore residents and also for existing Harvest Project clients. Through our rent bank we offer short term, no interest loans to those who are at risk of eviction or essential utility disconnection due to a temporary shortage of funds. Also, our Rent Bank can provide a security deposit if current housing is deemed unsafe or its become necessary to move to different housing for other reasons.
Maximum loan amounts for an individual: $1400, and for a family: $2000. Please note that until March 31, 2021, under certain circumstance the North Shore Rent Bank may, in connection with a Rent Bank loan, offer grants.
As with all operating rent banks, potential clients must meet minimal loan-qualification and repayment requirements. TO APPLY:
- We invite you to call our Reception at 604-983-9488 during business hours to get connected with our Financial Case Worker, OR
- You can submit an online pre-assessment to begin your application process here: https://apply.bcrentbank.ca/apply/harvest-project
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must be a North Shore resident
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, Permanent Resident, Refugee Claimant or a Temporary Foreign Worker
- Income level does not exceed the North Shore Rent Bank’s limit
- Must have income sufficient to cover other living expenses
- Does not have excessive outstanding debts or undischarged bankruptcies
- Have a current bank account and can provide 3 months (90 days) of banking statements
- Able to demonstrate a temporary financial need or crisis
- Able to demonstrate housing will be stabilized for a minimum of 90 days
- Must provide Proof of Tenancy (i.e. Rental/Tenancy/Lease agreement; Eviction Notice; Utility Notice of Disconnection; Rent Receipts (at least three) or Rental Payment Record (provided by landlord); Recent household utility bills (Hydro & Fortis); or Confirmation from Landlord or Property Management Company verifying rental or housing arrangement
You can find a copy of the above information in this document that describes the North Shore Rent Bank Project.
This rent bank is supported by BC Rent Bank, a project of Vancity Community Foundation funded by the Province of BC. BC Rent Bank has a three-year mandate to create the infrastructure necessary to support a province-wide rent bank system.