The work of Harvest Project depends on the generous volunteer efforts of individuals from across the North Shore. Bring your hands, heart and creative skills to your volunteering. Your contribution will change the lives of those visiting Harvest Project seeking a hand up.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of our volunteer roles:
- CLOTHES FOR CHANGE THRIFT STORE ASSOCIATE - Sort incoming clothing, help with merchandising, assist clients and retail customers
- RECEPTION/TRIAGE – Our front-desk people welcome visitors and clients and coordinate appointments
- KITCHEN ASSISTANT – Help prepare lunches for volunteers onsite
- GROCERY DEPOT/DRIVERS – Assist clients with their food hampers, restock shelves, deliver and pickup donations
- FUNDRAISING- Speak with business and community leaders to describe needs and impact of our programs
Harvest Project provides volunteer work experience for students, participants of employment programs and court-appointed community service workers. From time to time, corporate groups may volunteer as hosts at off-site community events and food-drives.
We are open Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 4pm and Saturday from 10am to 2pm. We ask that volunteers commit to a weekly four-hour shift for a minimum of three months; however, exceptions can be made. A letter of reference can be provided upon completion of 30+ hours of service.
Special Event Volunteers (Short Term):
A group from your organization can volunteer as a team to represent Harvest Project at a community event. Grow your team-spirit while you give back to your community. Ask us about upcoming opportunities to volunteer.